6 Innovative new carry-on bags
With the prices of checked bags these days, it has never been more important to have a dynamic piece of carry-on luggage. While you always want luggage that’s easy to handle yet durable, using a carry-on that goes above and beyond the call of duty can actually improve your traveling experience. Below are six different carry-ons that do exactly that. Each one is special in its own way, so there should be something here for everyone.
1) Sit-On-It Carry All. This piece has a simple innovation that also happens to be totally genius. Besides having enough room inside to fit everything you need, it also functions as a seat. Capable of supporting up to 350 pounds, it’s the perfect thing if you find yourself waiting in a lot of long lines at the airport (which, let’s face it, is bound to happen). It also happens to be super durable. With two “shock-proof” exterior pockets, you’ll have peace of mind that your valuables are protected.
2) Powerbag. What do you need on a long trip? Battery power! This wheeled briefcase comes with a battery pack. While it would be awesome if that electricity allowed you to zip around on your carry-on like you’re riding a motorized scooter, it’s actually there for an excellent reason: to recharge your devices. With this piece, you don’t need to worry about huddling around an outlet, because it has enough power to charge a smartphone four times.
3) Briggs & Riley Baseline Expandable Upright Suitcase. From the outside, this looks like your average suitcase. But as we all know, it’s what’s on the inside that counts. Briggs & Riley have designed this carry-on to maximize packing room for the traveler who tends to have an overstuffed bag. With this piece, you can fill it up, compress it down, and no one will be the wiser. What’s more, it has a huge front pocket for easy access to all of those gadgets, books, and accessories you need to have a good trip.
4) Eagle Creek Travel Gear Tandem Warrior. For travelers who tend to return home with more than you left with, this piece of luggage has a second large bag built into it, allowing you to unzip it, pack it up, and carry it over your shoulder or in your opposite hand.
5) Bluesmart Smart Carry-On. This list would not be complete without a carry-on that comes with its own dedicated app. Besides allowing you to track its location via your smartphone, this piece also allows you to charge your phone six times. Talk about a lifesaver!
6) G-RO. This is perhaps the ultimate hybrid of all the previous six pieces featured here. It offers ample room to store enough stuff for a weeklong trip without sacrificing any portability due to its large wheels. Some versions of this carry-on come with various battery charging capabilities, as well as a location tracker and wireless proximity detector.
This is one of the most practical carry-on bags you’ll ever use [Business Insider]
7 Innovative Carry-On Bags for the Modern Traveler [CheatSheet]