6 pet gifts to make the holiday special
One of the best things about the holidays is that they’re a chance to show the special people in your life how much you care. This goes for your pets, too. Sure, you do your best to give your pet the best care possible every day, but the holidays are the time where you can go the extra mile. If you are wondering what to give your furry friend this year, take a look at the guide below. Here are six gifts they are sure to love.
1. Toys. By giving new toys to your pet, you are actually giving them more chances to play, which allows their minds to stay sharp and their bodies to stay active. Both of these things are crucial to your pet living a healthy and fulfilling life. Choose items that allow them to do their favorite activities, whether it’s chasing, chewing, searching, or anything in between. Replacing a worn-out favorite may be an even better idea. The familiarity your pet has with the new toy will help them to take to enjoying it sooner.
2. Treats. Who doesn’t love treats around the holidays? Give your pet the gift of something tasty by buying a big bag of their favorite snack. Or, make your own pet treats using animal-friendly ingredients. This gift is not only a great way to make your pet happy, it can also be useful in rewarding them when training. Using a treat they really love can help them become more obedient, so be sure to pick out something you know they’ll like.
3. A new bed. A restful sleep requires a comfy place to lay your head down, and that’s no different for pets. If your pet’s current bedding situation is looking a little shabby, or if your pets hog your bed at night, a new pet bed might make a great gift for them.
4. Accessories. Whether Fido needs a new leash, or Rover needs his coat to look shinier, this time of year is a great time to get little things that have luxurious touches. Pets of all kinds can enjoy accessories that you normally wouldn’t buy, but would be nice to have. Wool blankets, more comfortable collars, and warm jackets can all make your pet’s life a little more posh.
5. A special seat. Pet sofas are the latest pet product craze to get the internet’s attention. These miniature pieces of furniture are the sophisticated way for your pet to kick back and relax with the family. Pets usually enjoy having a bit of personal space, and creating different places where they can go to decompress makes for a great holiday gift.
6. Special housing. Go beyond the average crate. Indoor and outdoor dog houses are gaining in popularity, and with that surge, designers are getting creative. Opt for one that expresses your pet’s personality while providing them with enough personal space so that they’ll actually use it.
25 Howliday Gift Ideas for Your Dog [Mashable]
20 Creative Gift Ideas for Your Dog [Bored Panda]