Zucchini and Parsnip Pasta with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce and Scallops
This winning recipe was submitted by Andrea, a resident from Avalon Playa Vista!
YIELDS: 2 servings COOK TIME: 20 minutes
2 zucchini – spiralized to be noodles (or using a mandolin)
2 parsnips – spiralized to be noodles (or using a mandolin)
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
2 red bell peppers – diced
1 yellow onion – diced
1 garlic clove
4 to 6 bay scallops
- Spiralize the zucchini and parsnips with a spiralizer, or make it into ribbons using a mandolin. Set aside.
- In a pan, sauté the diced bell peppers, onion, and garlic in olive oil until fragrant. About 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sautéed vegetables into a blender. Pulse/blend until you reach desired consistency. (I like it a little chunky). Set aside.
- In the same pan, lightly sauté the zucchini and parsnips in a little bit of olive oil. About 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. When a few drops of water evaporate on contact, the pan is ready.
- Add the scallops to the pan spaced about an inch apart in a clockwise fashion. Cook without moving the scallops for 2 minutes. Flip them over and repeat, another 2-3 minutes. When the edges of the scallops are seared golden brown, and look opaque, they will be cooked all the way through.
- As you wait for the second side of the scallops to cook, toss the sauteed vegetables, parsnips and zucchini together in the first pan to heat them up. Place on plates.
- Once the scallops are done cooking, place atop the zucchini/parsnip pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste.