Colourful Chicken Quinoa Salad
This winning recipe was submitted by Pelin, a resident from Avalon at Mission Bay!
Ingredients for two servings:
1,25 lb skinless chicken breast
180 g pumpkin
1/2 cup dry quinoa(84g)
1 celery stalk (50g)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro -28 g(1oz) feta cheese
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (40g)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
salt, black pepper
- Preheat non-stick skillet for over medium high heat (no oil needed if you have a non-stick skillet) Wash chicken breasts with cold water, cut into cubes, season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook on the prepared skillet about 10-15 minutes per side.
- In a medium sauce pan add 2 cups of water and add 1/2 cup quinoa. Bring it to a boil and cook until tender. Drain when it is ready. Set aside.
- Preheat a non-stick grill pan for over medium high heat. Cut 180 g pumpkin into cubes, spray the grill pan with a cooking olive oil spray. Toss gently pumpkin cubes into grill pan and cook both sides till tender.
- In a big bowl, combine all ingredients above, cut celery stalk and scallions add them with chopped cilantro, pomegranate seeds and balsamic vinegar, mix gently with a spoon. Serve evenly into two deep plates, crush feta cheese on top and squeeze lime.
Approximate macros per serving: 359 calories, 40,5 g protein, 31,2 g carbs, 7,6 g fat.