7 Romantic ideas (that are free)
So, you want to do something special with your significant other, but money is tight this month. Fortunately, it doesn’t take a fat wallet to show how much you care. Keep these ideas in mind for any time you want to do something fun, romantic, and budget-friendly.
- Take advantage of “free” nights. Many museums offer free admission (or pay-what-you-wish) once a week or month. Get dressed up and pay a visit to one of these nights, and take in art, history, or science with your partner. You may find that discussing fresh ideas in a place like this with the one you love is a deeply satisfying experience.
- Go on a picnic. If you and your partner fancy yourselves as foodies, you probably already have all the makings of a picnic in your refrigerator. Collect some cheese, bread, wine, and anything else you’re craving and find a grassy spot in a nearby park. If the weather doesn’t cooperate, spread out your blanket in your living room and enjoy each other’s company there. Make the moment even more meaningful by keeping the television off and the music low.
- Explore a new neighborhood. Don’t be afraid to get a little adventurous. Visiting a new area of a familiar city, or checking out that chic downtown section of a nearby suburb, can be a fun and exciting way to spice up what might otherwise be a routine weekend. Visit a few shops and just wander hand-in-hand.
- Visit an expensive open house. Dress to the nines and find the most expensive house on the market in your area. Get a tour of the place, and imagine your life there with your partner. Share your vision and revel in the luxury that house offers. It might just give you a few great ideas about how to make your own place a little fancier.
- Have a game night. Whether you love matching wits over the course of a chess match, a card game, or the simple joy of chucking blue shells at one another in Mario Kart, a game night can provide just the right amount of friendly competition into a relationship. Just make sure things don’t become too competitive — after all, this is about building your relationship!
- Go hiking. When you feel in the mood for some fresh air, Strap on your boots and head outdoors. Find a trail you both love, or try treading a new path. Whichever route you choose, ensure the journey is filled with scenic views. You can make it even more fun by packing that picnic in your backpack and finding a beautiful spot along the trail to enjoy a bite to eat.
- Give each other massages. With dim lighting, the right oils, and a little technique, you can create a spa in the comfort of your own home. Your sweetheart will certainly appreciate your comforting touch, and the thoughtfulness of creating a calming environment.
7 Romantic Ideas that Don’t Cost a Dime [AllWomensTalk]
30 Free Date Ideas That (Actually) Don’t Suck [Stylecaster]