8 Non-food rewards for meeting your fitness goals
Finally reached your fitness goals? It can be tempting to reward yourself with a favorite food. While you certainly deserve something to commemorate your achievement, rewarding yourself with food can lead to bad habits andundo your hard work. Instead, treat yourself by doing any (or all) of these things!
1) Buy a new outfit. Celebrate your fitness accomplishments with a flattering new outfit – and maybe turn a few heads in the process!
2) Schedule a spa day. Visit a day spa for a massage, mani-pedi, and a session in the steam room or float tank. Some spas even offer a complimentary light lunch, so you don’t even need to make it a cheat day.
3) Buy a new book, film, or record. The next time you hit the treadmill, elliptical, or bike, bring something new to listen to, read, or watch. This is a great way keep up your motivation and interest level.
4) Take a vacation. Hit the beach in a new swimsuit, or grab your skis and head for the slopes.
5) Take a day off. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast, go shopping, or curl up with a good book. Make it a Monday or a Friday to extend your weekend, or schedule it for the middle of the week to break things up a bit.
6) Take a class. Maybe you’ve always wanted to learn a special cooking technique, or perhaps you’re curious about photography. Sign up for a class to explore whatever interests you.
7) Go to a show or sporting event. Concerts, games, and plays can all make for memorable experiences. Pick your favorite and take in the performance knowing you’ve earned it.
8) Sign up for a 5K. While this might not seem like a reward, think about it this way: Previously you might not have had the courage or even the ability to do a 5K, and now that you’re fit, a whole new world has opened up to you. Being kind to yourself means doing things that are good for you!
41 Awesome Non-Food Rewards For Weight Loss [Anytime Fitness Blog]
50 Non-Food Rewards for Fitness and Weight Loss [SparkPeople]